Perfluoro alkoxy (PFA) tubing is relatively similar to PTFE, in that it is resistant to a wide range of chemicals and has a huge safe temperature range. It’s also non-stick, has low friction and excellent electrical insulation performance.
However, it outstrips PTFE in terms of low gas permeability, and it is completely transparent, making it a great choice when visibility is an issue. Its durability is in the region of ten times greater than other fluoropolymer tubing, making it an excellent choice when reliability and high performance is required.
PFA tubing properties
The properties of PFA tubing make it a great material choice for even the harshest environments. Some of the key features include:
- Low gas permeability
- Wide temperature range (-250°C to 260°C)
- Broad chemical resistance
- Limiting oxygen index (LOI) of 95 per cent
- Higher thermal stability than FEP
- FDA compliant for food processes
- USP Class VI compliant
- WRAS approved
- Highly translucent
- Absorption of moisture of almost zero
- High purity
- Very strong mechanically, even in high temperatures
PFA tubing is suitable for a wide range of applications, and is often the material of choice for challenging, stressful environments. Our PFA extruded tubing is used in industries including aerospace, electronics, chemical manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, environmental sciences and food processing.
PFA tubing suppliers
As one of the UK’s leading PFA tube suppliers, working with NES will ensure you receive top quality products and exemplary customer care. Our team are here to help and advise on any aspect of your order. Buying PFA tubing from us means you can:
- Have your tubing cut to any length, or have it supplied as one continuous piece as you wish
- Choose to have your PFA pigmented, please note that a minimum order quantity and development time is applicable.
- Choose to have your PFA extruded into any required profile
- Have your PFA manufactured in any size up to 31.75mm
When you choose to work with NES, you can be confident that you’re dealing with the industry experts.
PFA tubing sizes
When you order PFA extruded tubing from us, you have a huge choice of sizes available to ensure you find the precise component you need.
Other sizes are available on request, so if you need something unusually large, small or of a nonstandard shape, just talk to our team. If you’re not sure exactly what you need, we can help with that too. Our expert engineers are on hand to advise on any of our products and to ensure you obtain the correct materials for your use.